Monthly Archives: December 2012
This week, my family was able to see The Hobbit on Christmas Eve, or this Newtonmas, or Festivus, or Saturnalia, or Yule, or whatever else your favorite holiday this year would be… The kitties are doing well, and I’ve been poking around a bit online for tidbits of information, like research on the ancient Indian Gupta empire and its leading intellectual achievers, particularly the astronomer and mathematician Aryabhata, who is said to have invented the concept of zero and hypothesized that the Earth went around the Sun. Here’s hoping that you are all snug and warm, with lots of cool things to do. ^(;,,;)^
- Merry Newtonmas, My Awesome Peeps
- The Ubiquity of Belief: On the Outside, Looking In — A Skeptic’s Perspective
- Pale Blue Dot — Animation
- Coalition Building for the Skeptical Activist — TAM 2012
- The Face of Creation — Higgs remix
- Post Hoc Reasoning, Special Pleading and Ad Hoc Hypotheses
- Fractals of the Week: Mad, Mad Mandelbulbs for the Call’s 4th Bloggoversary
- Review of New CPAP Mask
- Follow @IndigenousX – 10K Followers in 5 Days for a Donation to the Indigenous Literacy Fund
- OBLIGATORY END OF THE YEAR LIST!
——————–Sciencey Gnuz & Lynx——————–
- Video: Are You a Psychopath? Take the Test …If you have to ask, the answer might not be pretty.
- Investigators fear Big Cats could be dying out in Scotland See the immediately following link too.
- Tetrapod Zoology: British big cats — How good, or bad, is the evidence?
- Remembering Ramanujan: India Celebrates its Famous Mathematical Son
- The Top 10 Science Stories of 2012
- The Poisoned Debates Between Science, Politics, & Religion This got my attention.
- Amazing Photos of Florida Panther and Cubs Bring a Bright Spot to a Deadly Year Yes, moar kittehs!
- Top five retracted science stories of 2012 For a change, I’d like to see the the top five retracted ideological claims!
——————–Strange Gnuz & Lynx——————–
- Man Takes all Day to Create Massive Snow Patterns Yes, human artists can make patterns this complex, no need for aliens or ‘snowing devils’. Beautiful work these are.
- Total Hooey: The Strangest Non-Stories of 2012
- Mountains of Madness: Scientists Poised to Drill Through Antarctic Ice and Into Gothic Horror
- Jury Awards 100 Million in Wrongful Death Suit to Parents of Misty Horner What’s the Harm? This is. Nuff said.
- Psychic Predictions for 2013 Watch all of the reasonably specific ones fail, just like this year’s.
- Britain is well-prepared to fight an apocalyptic zombie invasion Cool!
- PSYCHIC FAIL: The 2012 predictions that just never happened
- 4th Narconon Closure: Scientology Rehabs Collapsing This surprises me not. Scientology’s had this coming for a while.
- 120,423 steely gazes cast,
- 1667 comments approved,
- 1940 posts published, including this one,
- 179 WordPress subscribers,
- 1887 Twitter fellows,
- 13 on Facebook,
- 213 Tumblr fellows,
Lawrence Krauss: Our Godless Universe is Precious
- Indian math genius Ramanujan’s theory finally proved right (firstpost.com)
G’day….This week I had completely forgotten that this day marks the fourth year of this blog, originally founded in December 28 of 2008. This is really my third blog, with the first a WordPress site titled Troythulu’s Log, now extinct, and this site’s closer in time Blogger sister site The Collect Call of Troythulu. This site does predate I am Troythulu, but not by much. It’s been a long, wild ride, and I hope it gets wilder still. Thank you all who’ve motivated, corrected, admonished, and inspired me this whole time. There was much fooling with MB3D during this week and last, and here are some results of that bit of fractal lunacy, with a couple of wallpapers at the bottom for good measure. Despite the occasional slow rendering time, this app is incredibly rewarding.
Thank you, and enjoy the coming year!
All JPEG, PNG & GIF images in this post are original works by the author,created by