The Gnuz and Lynx Roundup for Caturday, 2013/03/23
G’day, peeps! This Caturday marks the first time in a bit that I’m on my own even with my evil feline masters pulling my puppet strings…
There’s a family gathering up north, and I’ve opted to stay home to take care of the plants, my own cats, and to feed the little furry beggars that stop by for kibble and cheeseburger or the equivalent thereof. Study has come along nicely, and I’ve plans to sign up for online courses at a local college during the summer.
I expect that I should do well, though it’ll be a bit before I decide on a major and get into a full-fledged Uni. Blog-hopping has seen a few changes, with my favorite Token Skeptic, Kylie Sturgess relocating to Patheos blogs this week, and I plan on keeping up with her posts on a regular basis. Hmmm, I’ll have to update all bookmarks linked to her old site to the new venue, but that shouldn’t be a worry.
I’ve been getting a bit more personable on Twitter, which is a good sign, as I’m no social beast and don’t chat up easily, but I need to build and maintain regular interaction with other rationalists, my nonbeliever and skeptic friends, book bloggers and writers, and those more prominent members of the online rationalist community I keep up on. Most of my tweeting I now do on Tweet Deck, and I have been making heavy use of Facebook, which somewhat less activity on Pinterest and Tumblr.
- eBook Review: In Memoriam by S.A. Barton
- Why can’t we see evidence of alien life?
- Timeless Man
- Fractals of the Week: Resistance is Fractal – You will be Assimilated!
- Caturday’s Astronomy Pix for 2013/03/17-23
- GLAM — Open Library
- Guest Post: Dawkins at the Philomathean Society Annual Oration
- Superstition by QualiaSoup
- Always by D.M. Yates
- The Rape Blame Game
- Teleology, Destiny and a Life of Purpose
- Socrates, Unafraid
————-Odd & Doubtful Stuff————-
- Big cat sighting near Dursley but no other evidence noted
- Sheep attacked. Chupacabras, of course.
- Doctors miss the point. It comes out three years later.
- ‘Male enhancement’ herbals contain undisclosed, possibly dangerous ingredients.
- Mass death of Prawns create pink tide in Chile.
- Bart Simpson on trial with your honor, Mr Burns
- Oh, those shifty Secret Service alien agents!
- Caution needed on autism “epidemic”
- 125,214 steely gazes cast here since 2008/12/28m
- 1821 comments approved – Please keep them coming!
- 2032 posts, including this one,
- 188 WordPress subscribers – Thank you…You make this blog worth posting on!
- 1969 Twitter fellows,
- 19 likes on Facebook… Much appreciated!