Thoughts on this blog’s future…
Lately, I’ve been spending a lot of time offline, studying, reading, watching lectures of my digital media courses, and next month, taking an online course for the first time. Yay me.
…and there was much rejoicing…*huzzah*
This means less time for social media, little regular time for posting on this blog and it’s sister sites, and less posting of what have been regular features here, well, at least not regularly. Plus, there’s occasional blogger’s block.
I’d blog more often, and regularly, but I’m far too distractible, and learning is really, really important. There’s a lot that didn’t get covered in my early years that needs catching up on and surpassing now, general and more specialized topics, matters of things that require study to learn and master.
Blogging is still enjoyable, mostly, though I’ve been sorely tempted toward burnout at times. There was the deletion in March of 2011 of the blog =^Skeptic Cat^=, and this year, the shutdown of the Left Hemispheres blog and podcast, and current blogging hiatus on Krissthesexyatheist.
The skeptical and atheist communities have for some time had quite a bit of drama, and I refuse to get involved. I know people on all sides, and the bickering back-and-forth just makes me angry. It’s something I’ve so far managed to evade and is a diversion I want nothing to do with. Angry doesn’t suit me. Just read what I’ve posted when angry. This is not my fight. I’m not qualified to get involved.
So far, this blog’s subtitle is Fractals, Skepticism & Things that Interest Me, though I’m thinking about the future direction of this blog and what I’d like to do with it. In the meantime, here’s a bit of something worth a ‘Squee!’ or two.
To close this out,
No, I’m not worried about organized skepticism: Even with the drama going on, it’s doing just fine. It’ll be around for longer than many people think — this isn’t the first, last or only internal conflict for organized rationalism. Even in a world hell-bent on lunacy, it’s rationalism that’s making headway, with setbacks, yes, but also with victories, and I’ve been silent witness to a few, even as a relative no-name in the community.
This blog will continue for the time being, and I’ll post whenever there’s cool stuff that makes me go ‘ding.’ The support that you all have offered over these nearly five years has been a tremendous boon.
So thank you all, and…
Talotaa frang. (Be strong, be well.)
- I’m Back! (meganclark0922.wordpress.com)
- 100th Post! (laekanzeakemp.wordpress.com)
- How NOT To Blog: 3 Ways To Avoid These Screw-Ups (thepetitepenwritingservices.com)
- Blog Design Revamp (theguiltyhyena.com)
- Why do we blog (indianwanderer1.wordpress.com)
- Blog Burnout – How To Get Over It And When Not To Tweet (rantsandravesofacrazedmom.com)
- What’s Right with Skepticism? (skepticalhumanities.com)
- Should rational skepticism be abandoned in emergency situations? (themischievousunknown.wordpress.com)
- Keep Your Blog Fresh with these Types of Blog Posts (business2community.com)
- Do Not Link allows you to ethically criticize bad content (skeptools.wordpress.com)