The Weekly Gnuz & Lynx Roundup: 2014/04/20
This week saw the conclusion of my City of Glass project for the Fractals of the Week, as well as the wrap-up to the two-week period I’ve spent viewing lectures and taking notes.
I’m in the process of making notes now, and working on diagrams of some of the concepts in the lectures, including all the logic of Aristotle, however limited that may be compared to how far we’ve come.
But it was Plato’s star pupil who first asked, and then answered the question: How do we make thinking work better, easier, more accurate? How do we systematize thought, even mechanize it?
It was his work that ultimately led to further developments and then the modern computer revolution, even as it kept the intellectual world at a standstill for over 2,000 years because of its limits, until the developments of early modern science.
Anyhoo, I’m working on ideas, and pics, for an ebook format folio of my fractal images, and I’ll decide what format to export it in once the file is complete. I’ll let you know when it’s finished. I’m going to start out from the early stages of fractal evolution, and then work my way to the current period of my work.
I’m reading fiction by Stuart Barton again, his collection ‘Isolation,’ and there shall be a review posted when I’m finished. Should be fun. Once I’m done making notes, ‘The Philosopher’s Toolkit: How to be the most rational person in any room,’ will be reviewed as well.
I’m staying home today, both to get things done, and to see Cosmos again. The new series has just been a blast!
The next Fractals of the Week will feature greyscale images via my first app, Fractal Domains. I’ll be trying out some ideas I’ve had on how to make those more striking.
Teh Blogs’ Links:
- The Call of Troythulu: Project Logicality: Argumentation’s Basic Assumptions
- The Call of Troythulu: Fractals of the Week: City of Glass: Projects’ Ends
- I Am Troythulu: Maturity
- I Am Troythulu: Starlight Ghosts
- I Am Troythulu: I’m repurposing this blog…
- Laughing in Purgatory: A Quick Atheist Dad Joke
- Easter – The Ultimate Vanity – Martin S Pribble
- The True Book Addict: Cat Thursday: Beauty and Destruction…the two sides of a cat
- ♥ Books, Crafts & Pretty Things Blog: Book Blast – The Necklace of Goddess Athena
- Puzzles of Society’s Uncared for Cities | Kari’s 10 Words
- Ravens N’ Pennies: GURPS101: Beginner’s Ritual Path Magic
The Odd, the Strange, and the Sciencey:
- Skin cancer warning over bogus ‘black salve’ treatment
- SQUIRREL BLAMED FOR $300K DAMAGE TO IND. BUILDING
- Bears drag Florida woman from garage – CNN.com
- Cell block psychic continues tradition of grief vampirism | Doubtful News
- Man in Superman Hoodie Helps Rescue Baby from Apartment Fire in East Dallas | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
- Dead Lithuanian’s body had been 40ft up a tree at a Bournemouth golf course for three years | Western Daily Press
- Hillary Clinton’s accused shoe-thrower ‘obsessed’ with Colorado mass shooter James Holmes – NY Daily News
- FDA: You need to stop enabling Burzynski | Doubtful News
- Murder Victims Get the Final Word in Investigation Discovery’s “Cell Block Psychic” | TheFutonCritic.com
- The Skeptic’s Boot.: A Demon Debunked!
- Residents panic after chicken begins talking before being slaughtered
- Mystery blob that appeared after Australian rain likely isn’t “jellyfish” | Doubtful News
- NeuroLogica Blog » Why We Need a Skeptical Movement
- Chinese Thunder God Herb Works as Well as Pain Therapy – Bloomberg
- Science AMA Series: I’m Prof. Stephan Lewandowsky, I study the cognitive science of conspiratorial thinking and the rejection of climate science, AMA! : science
- My 23 year obsession with the Loch Ness monster – and how I missed my big chance to prove she exists – Yahoo News UK
- ShukerNature: WRONG-FOOTING A ONE-LEGGED MYSTERY SNAKE FROM CHINA
- German Shepherd called to jury duty in New Jersey
- 9/11 truther Ruppert dead | Doubtful News
- When you’re not here to create an encyclopedia, your Wikipedia statistics show it | Skeptical Software Tools
- Cryptozoologists hunt sasquatch in Oaklands – Victoria News
- ‘Clever Editing’ Warps Scientists’ Words in New Geocentrism Film | LiveScience
- UFO Hunter – Today Tonight Adelaide
- No Shots, No School Amid Ohio Mumps Outbreak – ABC News
- New Fossil Takes A Bite Out Of Theory That Sharks Barely Evolved : The Two-Way : NPR
- Finding monsters via satellite is apparently a thing (UPDATE: Definitely boat) | Doubtful News
- Vendors wanted for Bigfoot-themed fest
- Netflix scam put users’ credit cards, personal data information at risk – CBS News