G’day, peeps. This week it was just the kitties and I to take care of the domicile and I managed to get a lot done. Thursday was library time, and earlier this Caturday I spent a bit of time at the local gaming shop reading and fooling around with mnemonics.
Besides blogging not much has been done online, though it feels like both triumph and tragedy on Twitter in a weird way, but that’s a story for another post. Last year, I posted My (Non) Psychic Predictions for 2012, and the next installment of this post will have the followup to that, to see how well I scored in my predictions despite not pretending any psychic ability at all…
I’ve got book reviews planned, and a reading list of all the stuff I filled my head with in 2012. Some of the reviews will be on the works of a writer of speculative fiction I know, one Stuart Barton, and he’s put out some really good stuff that needs a wider audience, so stay tuned for that.
Enjoy the coming week, and if that’s out of the question, make the best of it you can.
- Henri 5, The Worst Noel The ennui of Henri over the holidays…
- A Sound New Year’s Resolution Neil deGrasse Tyson’s advice on who to be like…
- Zeitgeist 2012: The Year in Review The high points of 2012 Google search-wise…
- To Ring in a New Year on the Call
- Carl Sagan’s Last Interview
- Fractals of the Week: Phateful Phractals Phor Thorsday
- “Mere Saajan Sun Sun” featuring the vocal talents of the lovely Shweta Subram…
- Science & Skepticism 101 — TAM 2012 Workshop
- Caturday’s Astronomy Pix for 12/23/2012 – 1/5/2013
- Anthropocene via Martin S. Pribble
- Happy New Year – 2013 via Kate Campbell
- Friday Link Dump 1/4/13 via the mighty Left Hemispheres blog
——————–Sciencey Gnuz & Lynx——————–
- Finding Noah’s Flood: A Misconception of Biblical Proportions
- Does Photographic Memory Exist?
- The Curious Genetics of Werewolves
- A Research Paper on Hypertrichosis, the “Werewolf Syndrome”
- The Blood of Louse XVI ‘found in gourd container’
- Biography of Louise XVI
——————–Skeptical Gnuz & Lynx——————–
- Are Poltergeists an Economic Phenomenon?
- Twice unlucky for Mormon cult leader — yet another failed End Times prediction
- Warren Jeffs, Polygamist FLDS Cult Leader, May Be Directing Doomsday Plot (VIDEO)
- Shane Brady: Introducing the #Skeptic Podcast Deep Freeze Project
- Book reveals secrets of NZ archives
- 120,727 page views,
- 1682 comments
- 1950 posts, including this one,
- 180 WordPress subscribers,
- 1894 Twitter fellows,
- 221 Tumblr fellows,
- and 13 Facebook page subscribers
Good evening. This week there’s not much that’s been going on, save more study and less internet time, so this will be a minimalist post. I’ll be posting blog stat updates for the week with this entry, the 1,833rd published thus far:
- 1525 comments posted,
- 173 WordPress and Email subscribers…Thank all of you for your keen-eyed peerings and steely gazes,
- 1712 Twitter fellowers (much better than “followers”…),
- …and 111,176 page views as of this writing.
This week on the Call was posted:
…and posted only hours ago,
Elsewhere, there was posted,
The Threat of Monkey-Faced Jesus (It’s not what you may think.)