OMCC, this is good. Not to give too much away, but here’s not just Ike Newton and Bill Nye, but Tay Zonday as someone with his own brand of scientific badassitude near the end…
via @DoctorAtlantis on Twitter
G’day, and happy Sunday. I sit here mysteriously unassailed by my cats, no kitty noses in my face, no paws silently inching their way across my keyboard, and nary the sight of furry bodies drapped loudly purring across the desk behind my laptop…
This last week marks the first rather halting attempt to make animations of my fractals, using Mandelbulber and iMovie. While I’m far from pleased with the result, it lays the groundwork of understanding to do it better next time. I know what settings will be needed to generate the still frames, and the settings in the editing software to make the frames into a video short, and so on. Once I get results that I hate less, I’ll post them on my YouTube channel. I’ve been waiting for a while to get to this point.
I’ve yet to name my series of blog posts dealing with the details of argumentation (not the rancorous and quarrelsome kind). I’m not going to call it ‘project reason’ as that’s already taken by Sam Harris, and ‘project argumentation’ just sounds lame.
I’m not including the weekly stats for this blog on this post anymore; That is now dealt with monthly on this blog’s newly updated page ‘About This Blog & Myself.‘ It also has my rules for blog comments, transparency with you, my readers, in any business dealings I may do on any of my blogs, including book and service reviews and product promotions. This blog I’ve yet to use for business: It’s mostly for fun, which is one reason I’ve bought off ads showing or getting revenues from it of my own.
I’ve compiled a list on Evernote on the URLs of my fiction installments posted on this blog, and I’ll post them all on their own page on this and other of my blogs.
This is sort of a spring break for me, so I’m officially off study, even though I’ll continue working on notes and study materials in my spare time, and catching up on blog projects, whatever names I’ll give them.
This week is a special tribute to some of the blogs I follow, and I include links to their posts here. Do check out their sites and enjoy their posts. They are to me, very cool, and very special people.
My Weekly Blogs Roundup
- Wordless Wotan’s Day: 2014/03/12
- Fractals of the Week: Farewell the Winter Edition
- Friga’s Day Fiction: Entry 6, the Journal of Sergei Romanova a new episode in the adventures of the world’s most psychologically dysfunctional Russian ninja…
- Caturday’s Astrophenia: 2014/03/15
Roundup of The Other Blogs
- Ravens N’ Pennies: Casting Lots – Part I – Game Session 5
- A quote from the great Twain, Clemens himself.
- The Haunted Moral Imagination | Marmalade
- CAT CHAT: Caturday Art-Meet Mellie!!
- Laughing in Purgatory: Dinesh D’Souza to Inflict the Movie “America” onto America.
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – which states should get my money?
- ♥ Books, Crafts & Pretty Things Blog: Book Blast & Giveaway – Easy Like Sunday Mourning by Jennie Marts
- A LOVE STORY – FINAL PART | Earth in black and white
- NeuroLogica Blog » Can Thinking Change Reality
- Voltairine de Cleyre
- Kafka On Parables And Metaphors, Writing And Language | Marmalade
- The Other World | My Cyber Novels
- Little Kitten – David And Margaret (At The Movies) Review Scott Ludlam’s speech
- “That” Day, by Kari I.
- Nothing Is Inevitable | Marmalade
- once there was | Ethereal Heights
- Ravens N’ Pennies: Opinions Requested on Worldbuilding
- ♥ Books, Crafts & Pretty Things Blog: Interview with Jayson James
- Terry Pratchett making sense | Open Parachute
- KINGMAKER – LOOKING FOR ANSWERS | daintypetals
- Why is Religion Harmful in Politics? A case study – Martin S Pribble
- Perth: A Few Local Events That Are Science-y (And Awesome)
- Ravens N’ Pennies: Triple Threat: Walloping Welk
- ♥ Books, Crafts & Pretty Things Blog: Book Blast & Giveaway – Eden’s Darkness by D.M. Sears
- NeuroLogica Blog » Can Thinking Change Reality Part II
- Laughing in Purgatory: 85% of Americans Would Take the Blue Pill
- CAT CHAT: Eyes on the Prize:Wordless Wednesday
- Sean Faircloth – Reclaiming a Secular Australia – UWA Lecture From 2013
- ♥ Books, Crafts & Pretty Things Blog: Beautiful Creatures by Margaret Stohl & Kami Garcia
- Ravens N’ Pennies: Triple Threat: Blitz Barnacle
- Imaginary Friends Show #172 – Martin S Pribble
The Odd, the Strange & the Sciencey
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why the new Cosmos matters so much
- Story of Steve Irwin’s death misrepresented by reporter | Doubtful News
- At FTC’s Request, Court Halts Debt Collector’s Allegedly Deceptive and Abusive Practices, Freezes Assets | Federal Trade Commission
- Malaysia 370 Bermuda Triangle Fake Video Link – wafflesatnoon.com
- Morgellons – it’s complicated | Doubtful News
- Bad UFOs: Skepticism, UFOs, and The Universe – by Robert Sheaffer: MUFON Jumps the Shark
- Kristin Cavallari Didn’t Vaccinate Son Camden, Fears Autism – Us Weekly
- U.S. House OKs Obamacare exemption for faith healing | The Columbus Dispatch
- Geller says he’s been asked to help locate MH370 (UPDATE: Completely unhelpful) | Doubtful News
- Did a 200 Million Year Old Dinosaur Egg Hatch in a Berlin Museum? – wafflesatnoon.com
- Mixing ayurvedic, unani and homeopathy treatments can be fatal: Doctors – The Times of India
- Fears of alien threat result in arrest | Doubtful News
- No efforts to curb growing numbers of illegal doctors in Delhi : North, News – India Today
- When healing turns into killing: religious and philosophical exemptions from parental accountability «Science-Based Medicine
- Can you buy naming rights to space? International Astronomical Union says “No” …again | Doubtful News
- “Haunted” Clovis House Items Hit Auction Block – KMPH FOX 26 | Central San Joaquin Valley
- Deaths of Quebec women in Thailand may have been caused by pesticide – CBC News
- Rare conjoined twins in India share almost entire body | Doubtful News
- Oklahoma Fox station removes evolution from ‘Cosmos’ by cutting only 15 seconds | The Raw Story
- Neonatal death rates after home births and a strange skeptic kerfuffle – Respectful Insolence
- Will the public get 10 years safely isolated from Trudeau? | Doubtful News
- ‘Exorcism’ murder suspects get grand jury indictments – WTOP.com
- Press Announcements > FDA allows marketing of first medical device to prevent migraine headaches
- Giant Rock and the Integratron: Tales of an Eccentric Loner and a UFO Enthusiast
- Maine Alternative Health Care Providers Seek Place at ACA Table
- Animals see far more than we do regarding power lines | Doubtful News
- Neil deGrasse Tyson SCHOOLS ‘Flat-Earthers’: ‘Science is Not There for You to Cherry Pick’ (Video)
- Uncovered in Jerusalem, 9 tiny unopened Dead Sea Scrolls | The Times of Israel
- FTC Investigating Herbalife – Consumerist
- UFO sightings soar to new heights in Canada – Manitoba – CBC News
- 800-year-old monk found poking out of cliff face – Telegraph
- Outside the body our memories fail us
- NOW CASTING: TV Series Seeking Paranormal Investigators and Experts in the Unexplained: RealityWanted.com
- The Trial That Unleashed Hysteria Over Child Abuse – NYTimes.com
- Ex-midwife Lisa Barrett fined and banned over homebirth tragedies – ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- Mom Blames Baby’s Death On Jesus In Tennessee
- BBC News – The people who believe in medical miracles
- Christian Scientists Seek Exemption From New Healthcare Rules
- Stearns Bayou monster remains cryptozoological mystery | Grand Haven Tribune
- Video: Evening Express uncovers paranormal activity at North-east castle – Local / News / Evening Express