This is the translation into audible sound of the electromagnetic beamcasts of a supernova remnant, a rapidly rotating neutron star known as a pulsar, whose radiation emissions result from its intense magnetic field and incredible spin. It derives its mass and density from the catastrophic collapse of a star much more massive than Sol. This stellar corpse emits radiation in many wavelengths like a lighthouse, which crosses our path due to a coincidental alignment of its orientation with that of our solar system. Curiously, the physics of this stellar zombie is governed by the laws of quantum mechanics as it is essentially a single gigantic atomic nucleus spinning in space. Very cool, though not if you’re right next to it, of course.
Your Eldritch Host
I'm a carbon-based bio-organism belonging to a particularly powerful and potentially self-destructive species native to a speck of dirt orbiting an average but temperamental yellow star in a backwater spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy.
- 157,525 Steely gazes
- Photo: tmblr.co/ZEeZnx1h349-j 3 hours ago
- Photo: tmblr.co/ZEeZnx1h29uW7 7 hours ago
- Photo: tmblr.co/ZEeZnx1h1bed7 11 hours ago
- How Reading Literature Makes Us Smarter and Nicer fb.me/1VYIJXziY 12 hours ago
- Alcohol: An Astonishing Molecule fb.me/76SjVerHU 13 hours ago
- Memories May Not Live in Neurons’ Synapses fb.me/2EuZ8uWki 13 hours ago
- #FollowAnyDay @eight53 @ChazFH @KaiserinErza @Ti_FusedCynic @RelUnrelated @SteveLussier @moonsez @Jedigeek93 @jeasbed @jimleyden 16 hours ago
The Conquering Hordes
- Follow The Call of Troythulu on WordPress.com