This is the translation into audible sound of the electromagnetic beamcasts of a supernova remnant, a rapidly rotating neutron star known as a pulsar, whose radiation emissions result from its intense magnetic field and incredible spin. It derives its mass and density from the catastrophic collapse of a star much more massive than Sol. This stellar corpse emits radiation in many wavelengths like a lighthouse, which crosses our path due to a coincidental alignment of its orientation with that of our solar system. Curiously, the physics of this stellar zombie is governed by the laws of quantum mechanics as it is essentially a single gigantic atomic nucleus spinning in space. Very cool, though not if you’re right next to it, of course.
Your Eldritch Host
I'm a carbon-based bio-organism belonging to a particularly powerful and potentially self-destructive species native to a speck of dirt orbiting an average but temperamental yellow star in a backwater spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy.
- 158,458 Steely gazes
- The Eldritch Daily is out! paper.li/Troythulu/1429… Stories via @BaroquenHeart @Art_Institutes @mpigliucci 2 hours ago
- Does anyone notice a resemblance between Bill Hartnell's First Doctor and Bertrand Russell? Coincidence? Maybe... 4 hours ago
- Hubble Still Wows At 25, But Wait Till You See What's Next fb.me/3QXHx4C6y 4 hours ago
- Where’s the Amphibian Love? Rally for Your Mosquito-Eating BFFs | Symbiartic, Scientific... fb.me/7g0FVO6xB 4 hours ago
- Listening to a recorded message from Carl Sagan to the future residents of Mars. 5 hours ago
- I recently blocked someone who followed me early this morning for attempting to sockpuppet using a transparently... fb.me/283oGtTgI 5 hours ago
- fb.me/7yhrBdR5M 5 hours ago
The Conquering Hordes
- Follow The Call of Troythulu on WordPress.com