Quantum mechanics…long the subject matter of both legitimate science and quasi-mystical crank theory, has recently seen a new and interesting development–two of its principle features, the Uncertainty Principle and nonlocal “spooky-action-at-a-distance” through Entanglement have now been linked (Click Me Here) as integral and essential to each other.
Quantum physics is solid science, well-accepted by mainstream researchers and is strongly upheld by literally millions of experiments to date.
It’s the theory behind all electronic technology.
Sorry, Psychics-R-Us need not apply. No X-Men to be found here.
Seriously though, all mean-spirited, poopy-head ridicule aside, this is a neat development, and if it pans out with further research, could very well get us one step closer to the formulation of a theory of quantum gravity. This is a major step in our conception of quantum theory, which adds tremendously to our knowledge and the implications of its use.
- Quantum uncertainty controls ‘action at a distance’ (newscientist.com)
- Universe’s Quantum Weirdness Limits Its Weirdness (wired.com)
- Researchers uncover surprise link between weird quantum phenomena (eurekalert.org)
- Surprise link between weird quantum phenomena: Heisenberg uncertainty principle sets limits on Einstein’s ‘spooky action at a distance’ (sciencedaily.com)
- CQT Researcher uncovers surprise link between weird quantum phenomena (yubanet.com)
- Uncertainty Principle sets limits on Einstein’s ‘spooky action at a distance’ (3quarksdaily.com)
- Uncertainty Sets Limits On Quantum Nonlocality (science.slashdot.org)
- Quantum entanglement, meet Heisenberg (arstechnica.com)
- Imabug: Like Fate Of Cat, Quantum Debate Is Still Unresolved – Science News (sciencenews.org)
- Mark Andrew Catton: Quantum world more ordered than thought | COSMOS magazine (markandrewcatton.posterous.com)