The Weekly Gnuz & Lynx Roundup for Caturday, 2013/03/30
G’day! This week has seen a flurry of activity, at least on this blog, and I’ve been working on new images as well. I’ve finally started commission work on my fractals, and I’ll keep you updated with news on how well that goes. Last week, one of my Twitter fellows asked me to do larger, print-sized files for a greyscale image I’d posted online as a thumbnail, though I’d discarded the original settings.
After a bit of testing and experimentation, I was able to produce two suitable files, one 3×3 ft and one 5×5 ft, which I then sent her by email. Finally! After nearly three years of doing this just for fun, I may well get to use it as a source of income. It’ll be taxable no doubt, but taxes are the price you pay for a civilized society, and that’s no big deal for me.
Study has been coming along nicely, though I’ve had breaks as you may have noticed with the posting rate on this blog — I’m improving my time-management, which is helping immensely — even though it involves getting up before 2:00 pm. Wah!
Stay cool, stay awesome, and stay brilliant, peeps, and enjoy the holiday!
- Diligence …and self-image…and ambition…
- James Randi and Alice Cooper — Dragon*Con 2012
- Anime*Con 91 Desslock Gamilon Express Card Cosplay
- Neil deGrasse Tyson – Blindness
- Doctor Who: Zeitgeist
- Fractals of the Week: Domain of the Fractals
- Isaac Asimov on Foolishness
- The skeptics’ sky isn’t falling either
- GLAM — Trove (Archived Aussie News)
- Cat Thursday –
- On Frans de Waal and “Militant Atheism”
- Friday Link Dump 3/29/13
- Conspiracy Road Trip – Creationism
- Little Kitten — Is Faith Compatible With Reason?
- The Great Flood — How Collective Memory Can Become Legend
- Transubstantiation, Halal and Kosher — How Food Becomes Magical
————-Odd, Doubtful & Sciencey Stuff————-
- Faked fakey medicine: Counterfeit Traditional Chinese meds
- Squid bomb
- Ionized alkalinized humbug
- Two-headed shark fetus discovered
- Binaural beats claim “altered states of consciousness”
- Creationist contest is publicity stunt to help ailing museum
- Perfectly strange: Red lights seen in WA neighborhood – w/updates
- Diversity of becoming diverse: Evolution is simply complicated
- It’s Easter, time to resurrect the latest Shroud of Turin publicity circus
- We can all learn to be animal “psychics”
- Pop pseudo-archaeology — Why we should speak out
- TEDxWestHollywood loses TED affiliation because…well, the speakers are…a little fringe
- 125,555 steely gazes cast since 2008/12/28,
- 1,835 comments,
- 2042 posts, including this one,
- 188 WordPress subscribers,
- 1,973 Twitter fellows,
- 19 Likes on this blog’s Facebook page…Thank you all!