Yes, I know that’s irrational, unnecessary and counterproductive, so I’m pacing myself by mixing study with relaxation, while using more objective gauges of my learning rate so I don’t drive myself barmy that I haven’t memorized in one sitting the complete plays of Sophocles or the text of the essential dialogues of Plato.
Impatience does me no good, and it is a quick path to burnout and failure. Focus.
This has been a good week, otherwise, and has been quite fun. I’ve just come back as of this typing from a good walk on the beach while having some *Aha!* moments which should serve me nicely during the next week. I’ve done a book review for Massimo Pigliucci’s Answers for Aristotle, see below, which I rather enjoyed working on. I hope it was objective, fair, and piques your interest.
- The Storytelling of Science commentary
- Doctor Puppet Episodes 1 & 2 a new discovery I’ve found…on the Nerdist channel…
- Only a man… …a quote by my antihero, the Mirus, upon being asked exactly what he is…
- The Safe Cracking of Dick Feynman the unusual pastime of Richard, the Feyn man of science
- Fractals of the Week: Mandelbulber Macromutations back after a week’s hiatus, some new experiments in using MB3D
- Book Review: Answers for Aristotle, by Massimo Pigliucci
- Caturday’s Astronomy pix for 2013/04/7-13
- Guinea Pig Update
- Cat Thursday – Cattitude
- Underground: The Julian Assange Story
- Left Hemispheres Podcast Interview Ep02 – Hemant Mehta
- Derren Brown’s Fear and Faith: Inducing Religious Experience
- Friday Link Dump 4/12/13
- Feminism and Humanism
————-Sciencey & Odd Stuff————-
- Apelike Fossils show hint of Human Ancestry
- Russia’s Putin Announces $50 Billion in New Space Spending
- Creepiest Headless Portraits from the Victorian Era
- Geoengineering Our Way out of Trouble?
- Nine year old autistic Indian girl claimed to be psychic
- 126,280 keen-eyed peerings since 2008/12/28
- 1,857 comments posted,
- 2,058 posts published, including this one,
- 188 WordPress subscribers,
- 233 Tumblr fellows,
- 2,000 Twitter fellows,
- 18 Likes on this blog’s FB page,
Thanks, all of you ^(;,,;)^
———-Bonobo: Cirrus [Official Video]———-
hat tip to Steve Barry