G’day, and happy Sunday. I’m on fractal hiatus for the duration of this week, at the least. I need a serious break to avoid long-term burnout, and to spend time elsewhere to further develop my SF universe. I had a chat with my friend and GM @Ravenpenny, after this Caturday’s GURPS game, and we discussed some ideas for a group of powerful alien beings in the Gods of Terra SF setting, the Nine Who are One.
I wish to do a series of blog posts starting this week for dealing with each of them in detail, with new material on the King of Shards, featured in a recent Friga’s Day Fiction post. So I’ll keep up productivity in other ways, but at least until next Sunday morning, there will be no new fractals being generated.
I may do a Throwback Thursday version of Fractals of the Week, of some of the better early images from the archives not yet featured here…I know I have them on disk, somewhere…
I’m trying something a little different with this installment of the Roundup, for the first link list, only one post published in a given week from any one of my own blogs, and one recent post from each of the blogs [or bloggers] I follow…
I also shall be doing more skeptically-themed posts now, and none of those all too-frequently overdone posts on deductive logic vs. inductive logic…
…Those are in distressingly over-trod territory and they bore even me to Elder Thing tears. And it takes a LOT to bore me.
It will be good to get back to working more productively on fractals in time, but I can’t do that when I get cross with the programs, intensely frustrated, and get stuck in a rut from inexorable forces of habit.
So habits of thought I must break and transcend, as suggested in a recent course lecture on nurturing creative thinking skills, so habits I shall break, or my eldritch online pseudonym isn’t Troythulu.
The Weekly Blogs Roundup
- Wordless Wotan’s Day: 2014/05/14
- Death is not final | IntelligenceSquared
- Haiku in Threes: Aliens
- The Testament of Wolfgang Orcrates
- Future Fluff: Some Notes on Kurtz-Dunar Field Theory
- Neurologica Blog | Preaching Against Skepticism
- The True Book Addict: Cat Thursday – Cat GIFs are the best GIFs
- Ravens N’ Pennies: GURPS101: Magical Styles – Spellslinger
- Laughing in Purgatory: Pat Robertson and Ken Ham to Debate
- Fruit as a Sexual Metaphor in Religious Writings – Martin S Pribble
- CAT CHAT: ENTER PET PHOTO CONTEST TO DETERMINE MICHIGAN’S MOST ADORABLE PET-MICHIGAN HUMANE SOCIETY
- chasing love | stories and paintings
- Dr. Carl Sagan, Prophet | Rationality Unleashed!
- Ways of life | Sharing experiences with the world!
- Sex and I. | Kari’s 10 Words
- Write | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
The Odd, the Strange & the Sciencey
- Sullivan woman says hungry bear chased, killed llama
- The Pseudoscience of Homeopathy
- Illinois museum has Santa Anna’s leg, and Texas site wants it
- Police: Upset with neighbors, St. Johns woman bulldozes their mobile home
- Ohio woman gives birth to rare “mono mono” twins
- Caught on video: Tree falls on police officer during traffic stop
- Fox News Now Classifies Climate Change as “Superstition”
- FAA Official: Drone, jetliner nearly collided over Florida
- Ayurveda Centre owner, staffers, booked for violating FDA norms
- Black baby zebra born
- “Divine Intervention” Stops Rolling Boulder
- Edmonton ETS train attack caught on video
- Crucial West Antarctic Glaciers are retreating unstoppably
- Prehistoric Impact Idea Smacked Down
- Dinosaur-Killing Asteroid Impact Caused Global Winter 66 Million Years Ago
- Museum Announces Paranormal Tour
- Finding Bigfoot Returns With New Episodes
- Grey wolf Appears in Iowa for the first time in 89 Years — and is shot dead
- 500 Year Old Mystery: Wreck off Haiti may be Christopher Columbus’ ship, the Santa Maria
- I-Team: Lawsuits target Scientology rehab. center in Nevada
A little irreverent humor from the Damsels of Dorkington…Spot the Atheist!