Whelp, the previous has been an excellent week, with much done and yet more to be done in the coming days. It’s one of those silly American things — we tend toward a ‘doing’ culture rather than a ‘being’ culture, and this causes us no end of trouble!
Even with the ongoing mindfulness training, the need to keep busy is still there, rearing its ugly atomic death-ray breathing head when activity falls below a certain point.
This coming evening, I shall have completed the intended study units for Bengali, before working on those to round out lessons for this month.
At this point, I would obviously come off as a foreigner to a native speaker, but with practice, I’ll better manage my dental and retroflex consonants, and the nasalized vowels (important for polite-sounding pronouns!). There are consonantal conjuncts to learn, letters and sounds I’ve yet to master, and I’ve little doubt that a Bengali preteen could outdo me in fluency! I’ve had experience with learning new languages since high school, but I’m no polyglot, so I must work at it 🙂
May your week from here on be brilliant, your mood high, and your stress-levels low!
- Musie’s birthday dress and gifts 🙂 | Realm of Empress Musie
- Lab-Grown Meat: The Next Great Culinary Playground | S.A. Barton: Seriously Eclectic
- 5 Reasons Why You Must Like the Film – Big(1988) | Vikram Roy’s Blog
- NeuroLogica Blog | Why Pluto is Important
- Ravens N’ Pennies | Sicatra: The Bloodied and the Banal – Game Session 2
- Saturday Slices 18.7.15 | Realm of Empress Musie
- Preview Empty Plastic Father | S.A. Barton: Seriously Eclectic
- Prefaced: The Day, Hope Never Doomed! | Vikram Roy’s Blog
- Ravens N’ Pennies | Designer’s Notes: Pulp Hunters!
The Odd, the Gnuz & the Sciencey
- an education | Nature News & Comment
- World’s Biggest Bumblebee at Risk of Extinction | Scientific American Blog Network
- Australian PM Bans Solar and Wind Power Investment | IFLScience
- Claudia Alexander dies, helped lead Galileo space mission
- Why Nobody Intervened in the July 4 Metro Murder | Scientific American Blog Network
- NASA budget: GOP committee wants to slash and burn Earth sciences
- What exactly do they mean when they call you a sickular sepoy?
- Neil deGrasse Tyson’s 8 books everyone ought to read | Brain Pickings
- Why the Best Post-Apocalyptic Stories are Usually Kind of Silly | io9
- Coolest women in science | Business Insider
- Echo chamber of outrage: Ars attends a climate contrarians’ summit | Ars Technica
Weekly Blog Stats:
- Posts Currently Published: 2,331
- Weekly Pageviews: 189
- Total Pageviews: 161,065
- Comments Count: 2,294
- WordPress & Email Subscribers: 289…Thanks, all of you!
- Tumblr Fellows: 1,156
- Twitter Fellows: 2,269
Lean On | Jind Mahi Mashup