G’day! I’m back to studying Bengali more fully this month, and have completed a deck of digital flashcards, to be followed by further decks, including hardcopy for an actual physical file cabinet thanks to my new workstation. This month I’m turning my focus to vocabulary and grammar, and more complex sentence construction, the real goodies of the course!
I need that so that I can write verse, prose, and converse with others without butchering the language! There’s also the matter of listening to Bengali online radio stations, and reading the works of Bengali authors in the vernacular.
Next month’s primary language will be Tamil.
I’ve also been transcribing notes from prior Great Courses lecture series’ on Analysis and Critique into Evernote, which has proven invaluable as a study tool.
There will be no changes in my weekly blogging schedule for this month, though I’m thinking of participating in NaNoWriMo next month. I’ll announce my decision on that in next week’s Roundup, once I weigh my options and decide on what story to write.
May you have nothing but good days this week, and in Soruggon,
Talotaa frang, talotaa kas, talotaa tranga suulat.
- True Book Addict: Banned Books Week — Classics #BannedBooksWeek
- Saturday Slices 3.10.15 | Realm of Empress Musie
- Sexiest man alive | windupmyskirt
- Common Sense is Not so Common! To Sell, Be Street Smart! | Vikram Roy’s Blog
- Waiter, My Marswater is Too Salty for Life… Isn’t It? | S. A. Barton: Seriously Eclectic
- Yeah, Australia Isn’t Too Kind if You Turn Up Without A Visa, Right-To-Lifer Troy Newman
The Odd, the Cool, the Gnuz & the Science
- Yogic Farming in India
- For Believers, Talking to Atheists is Like Confronting Death
- Anti-Intellectualism is Taking over the U.S. (I’d say “has taken over”)
- Piltdown Man and the Dualist Contention
- Aldous Huxley on Drugs, Democracy and Religion
- We’ve Solved the Longstanding Mystery of These Spiky Ice Pillars
- Pluto’s Big Moon Charon Shows a Colorful and Violent History
- Morning Heresy | Yes but My Feelings!!
- Self-Scrutiny Applied with Kindness: Epictetus’ Enduring Wisdom
- Virginia Republicans Admit They’ve Rigged the State’s Congressional Districts to Elect GOP Leaders
- Fusion Reactors “Economically Viable” Allege Experts
- Surprising New Finds from Ancient Egyptian Star Charts
- The Vatican is Distancing Itself from Pope Francis’ Meeting with Kim Davis
- Here’s How an Artist with Synesthesia “Sees” Famous Songs
- Before Claiming that the UCC Shooting was About Christian Persecution, Consider All the Evidence
- Crank Theory of Everything
- Ape Fossils Put the Origin of Humanity at 10 Million Years Ago
- Cargo Craft Completes Six-Hour Schlep to ISS
The Blog Stats:
- Posts Currently Published: 2,441
- Total Pageviews: 163,785
- Comments Count: 2,379
- This blog’s Facebook Likes: 40
- WordPress & Email Subscribers: 292
- Tumblr Fellows: 1.309
- Twitter Fellows: 2,269
Steven Novella – Science-Based Medicine: Beyond Integrated Medicine