Good morning. As you’ve seen, I’m back to posting as of a couple of days ago and I’ve updated my blogging schedule for this month. I’ve revised my study periods, not for a mere monthly cycle, but for semesters of 15-18 weeks, with Bengali study being given priority for the rest of this year. This allows for days when other duties prevent study, and keeps my goals realistic. Depending on my progress, Bengali study will continue for one or perhaps two more semesters before I resume studying Tamil, and afterward Hindi, and so on. I’d like to study Sanskrit as well, but that’s just too much to concern myself with at this moment. I’ll do that only after I get to advanced proficiency with one or more, preferably all three, of the other languages.
To clarify what I intend to do, at least in this site, here is the current (updated) blogging schedule, as I was probably a bit vague on this in the previous Gnuz & Lynx Roundup.
There shall be one, sometimes two, or maybe three, entries published here every other day, possible consecutive days being Saturday and Sunday if I post both the Caturday’s Astrophenia and this installment on the same weekend. The other, formerly weekday-specific posts will be varied by day and the appropriate title, with a mix of fiction pieces, the new Ubi Dubitas… limited series of skeptical posts, a weekly or biweekly fractal entry, Mr. Eccles Presents, MetaCognitions, Lost in Translation, Future Fluff and Eldritch Nine, the occasional poem, any filk song parodies I complete (like the Enya Trains and Winter Rains piece currently pending) along with more freeform entries without any particular format or topic nature.
Yes, this is a skeptical blog, but one not to be bound too rigidly to subject matter.
This installment has an obvious Halloween bias in the links, so click on what interests or amuses you. It’s time for a new month, with new challenges. Let’s face them together.
Talotaa frang, Talotaa kas, Talotaa tranga suulat.
- New Token Skeptic Podcast – And Tony Ortega at Perth with the Unbreakable Miss Lovely | Token Skeptic
- ♥︎ Books, Crafts & Pretty Things Blog | National Novel Writing Month 2015
- In my past life | windupmyskirt
- True Book Addict | Cat Thursday – Happy #Halloween… Oh, The Cuteness…
- NeuroLogica Blog | TCM on NPR
- Long Shadows — Seen From The ISS | S. A. Barton: Seriously Eclectic
- Mysterious Durga Puja Festival — The Art of Sculpting in Bengal | Vikram Roy’s Blog
The Odd, the Cool, the Gnuz & the Science
- A Poisoner’s Tale of Halloween
- Conjuring Rose: Joe Nickell’s Annual Houdini Seance
- The Science of Death and Zombies
- Publisher of Secularist Books Murdered in Bangladesh: Center For Inquiry Demands Action
- Two Pigs Dressed as a Doctor the Source of Bacon Cancer Study (A bit of humor for the morning…)
- Indiegogo Criticised for Helping Climate Deniers to Crowdfund Money
- The Social Network Illusion that Tricks Your Mind
- Jupiter’s 4 Billion Year Old Close Encounter — ‘Ejected a Fifth Gas-Giant Planet from Solar System’
- Arizona State Honored an Atheist Soldier in Game Against Oregon
- Hear Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Telltale Heart” Read by the Great Bela Lugosi
- Hearing Ghost Voices Relies on Misunderstandings of Science and Fallibilty of Human Perception
- Protest and Prayer Fill Air Outside Greater Church of Lucifer
- It’s the Naked Diner Podcast, Episode 1!
- U.S. Astronomers Rally to End Sexual Harassment
- Alien Engineering Around Strange Star?
- The Shining Hotel is Looking for $24 Million to Become World’s First Horror Museum
The Blog Stats:
- Posts Currently Published: 2455
- Total Pageviews: 164,718
- Comments Count: 2384
- This blog’s Facebook Likes: 40
- WordPress & Email Subscribers: 292
- Tumblr Fellows: 1368
- Twitter Fellows: 2281