Your Eldritch Host
I'm a carbon-based bio-organism belonging to a particularly powerful and potentially self-destructive species native to a speck of dirt orbiting an average but temperamental yellow star in a backwater spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy.
- 157,449 Steely gazes
- A Decade Of Doctor Who: youtu.be/XvpfIjCi2bo via @YouTube 2 hours ago
- Why Christopher Eccleston Was The Greatest Doctor Who Star After All fb.me/3nSyFr1IE 2 hours ago
- Scientists Are Trying To Clone This Extinct Frog That Gave Birth From Its Mouth fb.me/7guAnYC0G 3 hours ago
- Reviewing lessons from study earlier this morning. I'll probably never speak #Tamil without an accent, but at least I'll speak it. 3 hours ago
- Photo: tmblr.co/ZEeZnx1gqAXDM 3 hours ago
- Raining right now. Cloudy days present good opportunities to think. 3 hours ago
- I wonder...How far can I zoom into the Mandelbrot set before I finally reach a point of completely chaotic behavior on the micro-level? 3 hours ago
The Conquering Hordes
- Follow The Call of Troythulu on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Pets
Feeling uninspired and short of time. This should indicate my cats’ mood when I’m not to bed earlier. Goodnight, and good morning.
This last year has been trying for all of us, but there’s a bright spot in the clouds. Fellow blogger and friend Kate Campbell has three friends to help get her through the day: Mister Eccles’ friend Jigglypuff, with her Guinea pig pals May Gibbs and Beatrix Potter. As well as helping out around the house and ‘assisting’ in Kate’s online activity, as I suspect Mr. Eccles may do with mine (looks back to glare suspiciously at Mr. Eccles…), the girls like to play games, though my mere monkey intellect fails to grasp the intricacies of such subtle sport. What plans might the girls be up to at this hour? Taking over the world, perhaps? The photo collage below and other images are hosted here: http://muzy.com/l/6fv2d49l. I’ll let Kate put things in her own words:
Jigglypuff is a calico (which we call tortoiseshell here in Australia. She was originally a country cat, but now she is semi-rural/not-quite-city cat. She is 12 years old. She is named after the Pokemon of the same name. May Gibbs is the chocolate brown guinea pig and Beatrix Potter is the tortoiseshell one. They are both short-haired and they are both 1 year old. They love eating a variety of fruit and vegetables every day. They were named after two of my favourite children’s writers.
They are all skeptics, except they believe in unicorns.
Thanks for guesting us.
Love Kate & the girls
Well, I kind of saw this coming, but our oldest cat, officially named Nedaulec, better known as Gumbyman, was put to sleep this last Saturday morning in a final act of release from further suffering from his many infirmities, including renal failure at his advanced age.
Gumby was our last surviving Katrina refugee, found in a kennel in New Orleans abandoned with some of his ‘lady friends.’ Neutered only two weeks before we got him from an animal rescue service, he spent many good years with us in a life of relative peace and relaxation.
We’ll always remember him as a really sweet old fella with his grouch-face and his abundantly fluffy tail, the favorite plaything of Mr. Eccles…
You’re gone, ‘old man,’ but hardly forgotten…
Here are some of his best moments…
We have a new addition to our menagerie of feline buddies, and here’s the latest, our female, Gorgeous…
As my Twitter friend @chaosagent23 said, she is so fluffeh! — and so laid-back! — a new friend for Doctor Mew…
All hail the latest of our feline masters…Kilrathi (or K’zinti for that matter) have nothing on our cats!