Your Eldritch Host
I'm a carbon-based bio-organism belonging to a particularly powerful and potentially self-destructive species native to a speck of dirt orbiting an average but temperamental yellow star in a backwater spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy.
- 158,537 Steely gazes
- Photo: tmblr.co/ZEeZnx1jV2MSP 32 minutes ago
- Animated Philosophers Presents a Rocking Introduction to Socrates, the Father of Greek Philosophy fb.me/2d4hkUoXz 1 hour ago
- Viewing a lecture right now on stage presence. There are exercises I'll need to take for later episodes in the... fb.me/3Yf5hy9jB 1 hour ago
- Gorgeous is back from the V.E.T.S. and was a really good girl, and unlike Rockykins did not mess her cat carrier...much. 1 hour ago
- Hubble’s Repairman Reflects on the Telescope’s Legacy | Observations, Scientific American Blog... fb.me/6G3K97dOQ 2 hours ago
- Another task completed. As of this, 54 out of 240 tiles are successfully positioned. 186 tiles left to go, with... fb.me/78Im38WlT 2 hours ago
- What caused the Nepal earthquake? fb.me/1R2Q2YfbX 4 hours ago
The Conquering Hordes
- Follow The Call of Troythulu on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Talk
This will anger some, and not just believers, but nonbelievers as well, though I suspect for different reasons. In this talk, Ms. Siebert discusses a religious fundamentalist curriculum designed to systematically destroy the ability of students to think critically, to indoctrinate them into depending on authority for their knowledge.
It exposes the blatant cynicism of ‘educators’ intent on imposing their sectarian religious doctrines on a captive audience – American students, who are being cheated of a real education, and thus the ability to fully participate as members of a functioning society in the 21st century.
This is ironic, given the fundamentalist “teach the controversy” nonsense about teaching creationist doctrine in public schools. It’s ironic in that they advocate “show both sides (as though there were only two) and let the kids figure it out themselves,” while simultaneously robbing them of the ability to do so.