Welcome to the weekly meme that celebrates the wonders and sometime hilarity of cats! Join us by posting a favorite LOL cat pic you may have come across, famous cat art or even share with us pics of your own beloved cat(s). It’s all for the love of cats! Enjoy!
In the struggle between the size, old age, and strategy of Rockykins and the and the youth, speed, and guile of the evil Mr. Eccles, Rockykins won out, sending Eccles off to nurse his wounded villainous pride for having been roundly overpowered by fluff and muscle, vowing to, as in a bad 1980s cartoon, return to best his nemesis another day. In the words of Mr. Eccles:
“You’ve not seen the last of me, Rockykins! I shall return to steal your kibble, your gushy food, and your scratching toys, and get my monkey slave to forget to clean your litter box on time! (insert corny cinema villain laughter in cat-speak). You shall rue the day!”
Meanwhile, Rockykins relaxes in his favorite cool spot on warm nights and hot days, the bathroom sink, which fits, so he sits, and sucks up all the attention he can get from the resident monkey…
Eccleston, on the other hand, plots away in his (not-so-secret) hideout on his monkey’s workspace, hatching new schemes of ebil cuteness and tricksiness, to tweet at @Mister_Eccles when the time is right…
G’day, and good morning this Sunday! I’m scheduling this post so I can get more sleep than the previous evening. I was awakened by a drunk neighbor shouting incoherently outside, and so have been in somewhat of a pissy mood, and that’s no good for online activity. No worries, then.
I’ve completed three lectures on the 5th disc of political theory lectures, which is good, and this month’s end, coming up, I’ll be updating the pages on the blogs.
I’m not sure how successful yesterday’s Caturday’s Astrophenia was at adding cats, which only a couple of pics of the local Feline Overlords, so maybe I’ll add pics from Cheezburger.com and other sites, with attribution and permission where necessary. Cat videos would be cool too.
I’ve been working on new parameter sets for Ultra Fractal of the sorts of images used and described in Indra’s Pearls: The Vision of Felix Klein, and those are working out well. I’ve not much really big planned for this week, but I’ll keep busy nonetheless.
May you never be out-logicked by Evil Spock…and,
- Cat Thursday — Rockykins vs. Mr. Eccles
- Buzz Aldrin Remembers the Moon’s “Magnificent Desolation”
- TEDxCERN | Why All Good, and Some Bad, Research is Improbable
- Thursday Impudence: Edward Frenkel: Let’s Stop Hating Math
- Haiku in Two 2.0
- Symphony of Science — We Are Stardust
The Other Blogs
- The Volcano | Martin S Pribble
- Imagination, the News, and Especially Flight MH17 | S. A. Barton: Seriously Eclectic
- NeuroLogica Blog >> M*ke *dams is a Dangerous Loon
- Ravens N’ Pennies: Assembly Required: Development Step Four — Inspirational Sources
- The True Book Addict: HFVBT: Susan Spann’s Blade of the Samurai — Review
- July joys 25.7.14 | Realm of Empress Musie
The Odd, the Gnuz & the Sciencey
- World’s Largest Aquatic Insect Found in Sichuan
- Ramtha, New Age Cult Leader, Unleashes Drunken Racist Homophobic Rants to Large Following
- Woman Dies of Torture in Name of Exorcism
- Anonymous Vet Sends Purple Heart Medal to ‘Slender Man’ Stabbing Victim
- Scientology Accused of Brainwashing French Company’s Employees
- Thames Valley Police receive calls about witchcraft and aliens
- Thousands of women, accused of sorcery, tortured and executed in Indian witchhunts
- Family hoping for a miracle after dad’s stroke
- Why the Malaysian jet crash sparks conspiracies
- Dr. Oz, it’s time to heal thyself
- Film has Crowds Swarming to Beijing House, Haunted or Not!
- Solar Storm Nearly Destroyed Earth Two Years Ago
- Science is not a Crime
- The Joy of Six: Sports Ghost Stories
- Oldest Medical Report of Near Death Experience Found in 18th C. Book
- Scientists Warn We Are Approaching the Next Mass-Extinction
- The Strange Relation Between Global Warming Denial and…Speaking English!
- Comedy vs. Anti-science: 10 amazing videos show how humor can make a difference
- Adventures in Fox News polling, Part VII
- Stop Using Quantum Mechanics as Evidence for Magic
- Repost on Drone Strike on Space Needle are Greatly Exaggerated
Weekly Blog Stats: This Site & Linked Venues:
See this blog’s About page for Monthly Stats.
- Posts Currently Published: 2,236
- Weekly Pageviews: 247
- Total Pageviews: 147,263
- Comments Approved: 2,222
- Facebook Page Likes: 30
- WordPress & Email Subscribers: 251 (Thank you, and welcome, new readers!)
- Tumblr Fellows: 602
- Twitter Fellows: 2,176
Public Lectures: Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson